Monday, November 20, 2006

Training Wheels and Oatmeal

Well, I made it back from the Iron Bowl. What a weekend! I understand why supporters of some sporting events are called fans- the Alabama and the Auburn fans are fanatics! After last Saturday, it's safe to say I've almost seen it all! I had a better time than I expected, but I still don't think sports is my calling. :-)

This morning during the show we were reminiscing about our first bicycles. The conversation then turned to training wheels. My co-anchors (two men) tried to make it seem like I was the only one who used training wheels on my first bike. I KNOW I cannot be the ONLY one who used training wheels, right? Bloggers, help me out.

One of my co-workers is encouraging me to eat oatmeal. I have never like oatmeal, that is plain oatmeal. I like oatmeal cream pies and I don't mind oats in my granola bars, but just oatmeal- I can do without. My co-worker has given me two flavored packs of oatmeal to try. He says not only is it good for me, but it will "stick" to meal. I'm planning to eat the first pack tomorrow. We'll see if it works. I don't know what will be better- thick or thin. Some say thick is better?!

4 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok first lets talk about the bike. I used traing wheels and am not afraid to tell. I dont know of anyone who has ever learned to ride without them.

Second: Don't fall for the oatmeal thing. That stuff is gross. I like oatmeal pies too, and oatmeal cookies, and so on, but warm otmeal like you were speaking of can stay on the shelfs. I'm a cold cereal/pop tart person.

 
At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa
I will agree with you I had training wheels on my bike as well. I'm not a big fan of oatmeal in the morning either. So you are not alone on this. Also thank you for your hard work with keeping us inform on the school bus crash. I know it wasn't easy to report this kind of information.Again thank you so much knowing you had been at work 4 o'clock and was still reporting at 5 o'clock in the evening says alot about you as a person. Blessings!!!

DSH

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger CINDY said...

re Oatmeal:
I like plain (no special flavoring) 'ol fashioned.....with PLENTY of milk, butter, & sugar in the bowl with the oatmeal.

 
At 11:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE flavored instant oatmeal. Try the strawberry flavor. I grew up on that stuff, and still love it. It's good "on the go" food that should be really easy to eat on that God-awful AM shift.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home