Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Never Wait Until the Last Minute

I'm usually on top of things, when it comes to ordering airline tickets, clothes, etc. However, I have waited until THE very last minute to order a bridesmaid dress for one of my friend's weddings! This morning I've called several bridal shops trying to find one dress. Who knew it took 12-16 weeks for the dresses to come in? I only need one! I'm having to place a rush order on the dress to get it back in time for the October wedding. Let's hope I don't need alterations!

In other news, everyone at the station is gearing up for the MDA telethon. It airs Labor Day weekend on our station. I had to tape two vignettes today, and I'll be leaving several pieces that I shot while attending MDA camp.

In addition to learning the lesson about bridesmaid dresses, I've also learned how to wait patiently when one anticipates breaking news. In fact, I'm sitting at the anchor desk as I type this, waiting for a breaking news cut-in that may or may not happen. One thing about the news business, it can be a lot of hurry up and wait. I've been sitting here for about two hours. I've heard 30 minutes, 10 minutes and now five minutes. We'll see. I'd kinda like to stand up and walk around, but that's not possible right now.

2 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa

You just made me I remember that I need to book airline tickets for September to Boston. Thanks for the reminder. I hope all turns out well for your dress hunting. Good Luck ! Have a great week.

DSH

 
At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And it reminds me to call After Hours Formal to make sure they faxed my groom info and all my groomsmen info to Green Bay for my weeding coming up on Sept 9th. You call are welcomed to come or atleast buy me something lol...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home