Monday, October 02, 2006

My Old Governor and a Straw House


People often ask me how long I've been working in television. When I tell them, many are surprised. The truth is, it's really not that long, especially when compared to the veterans of this business. I have been working in TV for 6 1/2 years. When I do stories that I've done before, it makes me aware that 6 1/2 years is actually longer than I might think. For example, today I interviewed my former governor. Mark Warner was governor of Virginia when I lived there. Talking to him outside of Virginia seemed out of place. Instead of talking about the Virginia legislature, I inquired about his plans to run for president in 2008. Wow! Someone I've interviewed could possibly be the next president! Thus, I felt the need for the picture.

As for the straw house, we did a story this morning about a woman in Oklahoma whose house is insulated with straw. Go figure. It's a neat story, but I remember doing the same story just a few years ago. Someone once told me that most of the news is the same- it's just different people, different times and different places. That just might be true.

1 Comments:

At 3:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many different channels have you worked for? I hope you stay in Hunstville but I figure you'll get offered a bigger and better job somewhere, that will be almost impossble to turn down.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home