Thursday, August 31, 2006

Good-bye Bob, Hello Katie

This is the last week we'll see Bob Schieffer on the anchor desk at CBS Evening news (at least on a regular basis.) Beginning September 5th, Katie Couric takes over as the network anchor. I've talked to several people about this, and I've heard lots of different opinions. Of course I'll be tuning in Tuesday to see Katie's premiere, but I will certainly miss Mr. Schieffer. Someone in our newsroom said listening to him is like listening to your grandfather tell you stories. I don't see much resemblance of my grandfather in Bob Schieffer, but I do think he is an excellent news anchor. He doesn't just deliver the news, he makes you care about it. For me it'll be sad in a way to see him go, but I look forward to Ms. Couric's broadcast.

Thanks for your responses to my blog entries. Congratulations to Shane who is getting married, and thanks for all the emails about my MDA pieces. The telethon is this weekend!

3 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank You Lisa.

 
At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I got married. I got back in town from Green Bay on Sunday Night. Since then I've had the flue and back problems, so welcome to the married life eh? lol I'll post pictures on my myspace page soon and link anyone to them from here.

 
At 6:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss reading your blog Lisa. :-{

 

Post a Comment

<< Home