Wednesday, August 23, 2006

London, No Huntsville Bridges Falling Down


Tuesday I witnessed part of a bridge demolition. It was interesting and loud, of course. I don't know why we enjoy watching things blow up. A 75-year-old bridge is being replaced and the state department of transportation is blowing up the old one, in parts. It was neat to talk to the people who went to watch the demolition. One man I interviewed wanted to be there because, like the bridge, he is 75-years-old. I couldn't help but laugh when he said, "I hope they don't blow me up!"

Good news to report. I should get my bridesmaid dress back in plenty of time for my friend's wedding. (I hope she's not reading this.) I had to do a SUPER rush order, and pay extra of course, but she's worth it. You can believe I've learned my lesson about ordering bridesmaid dresses early!

2 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are getting your dress in time. I'm leaving Friday for a 2 week get away and to get married so wish me luck

 
At 6:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's good to hear you will have your dress in time. I'm enjoying your series on MDA camp. Great Job !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home