Friday, February 23, 2007

Long Live the VCR

First, I hope my mother never reads this entry. Why you ask? Because more than two years ago she bought me a DVD player. I have never used it! This is awful I know, and yes I am a little embarrassed. I still use my VCR to tape the one show I watch during Primetime TV. (I can't go into details because it's on another network. It's about a certain group of doctors, one of whom whose nickname begins with an ode to the golden arches.) Anyway, our station's Internet manager, Claire, is also in the VCR club. I think we're the only two people in our newsroom who still rely on VCRs for taping television shows. We've not yet moved into the TIVO and DVR world. I also watch movies on VHS, rather than DVD. One day I hope to use that still shiny and new-smelling DVD player, but I'm in no rush. I know, I know, I should get into the fast lane on the technology and information superhighway. But for right now I'm enjoying life in the VCR lane. And if you're wondering, yes, I have graduated from cassettes to CD's, no I-Pod though. :-)

3 Comments:

At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Blog lol...

It's funny because last Christmas my mom asked me what i wanted for Christmas and I told her i wanted a VCR. I have a lot of old VHS tapes that I never bought on DVd that I enhjoy watching. I too still record everything on VHS. I'm not ready to get TIVO or DVR just yet.

My mom and dad both bought big screen TV's and got free DVD Players with them this has been 5-6 years and still to this day when they want to watch dvd I get called and asked to come to the hosue to show them how it works and write down directions. My dad can not understand it's just like a VCR just laser disc instead.

I havent joined the true IPOD world either but I got the Chocolate Phone so I use it was a IPOD.

Gee I wonder which show you are speaking of there? lol... I know my wife was extremly happy...wait you may have not watched it yet so I wont say

 
At 6:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Lisa

Shame on you for not using your mother's nice DVD player.(lol) I'm just getting into DVD's but don't get me wrong I still use my VCR. And I have moved up to a MP3 player not the IPOD. It's good to know that I'm not the only one behind in this high tech world. Thanks Lisa for sharing your thought through your blog. Be blessed and know that you are.

DSH

 
At 6:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My wife never thought she wanted a DVR until I made her get one.

She was hooked INSTANTLY.

Move into the 21st Century!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home