10 Truths According to Lisa
This morning, one of my co-workers was discussing things he knows "for sure."
He made a list of ten things he's found to be true. That made me think- if I had a list of "ten truths" what would they be? I should probably take more time to come up with the list, but since I have a few minutes before the noon show, here goes:
I've learned:
1. A kind word goes further than you think. "Please" and "thank you" are two of the most important phrases in the English language.
2. You get what you pay for. Some things you just can't skimp on. For me, toilet tissue is at the top of this list. (I hate the thin sheets!)
3. The best piece of mail one can receive in the mailbox is a handwritten letter from an old friend. Sadly, writing letters is becoming a lost art. The idea that someone took the time to sit down and write a letter is priceless (that means, it's more valuable than a check in the mail.)
4. When you look good, you feel good. (A smile can change your attitude.)
5. Presentation is important. This is similar to #4. My mother told me a long ago you can tell a lot about a person by the maintenance of his/her hair, teeth, fingernails and shoes.
6. There is no second place. As someone once said, you don't win a silver medal, you lose the gold medal. It may sound harsh, but it's true.
7. Anything worth doing is worth doing well.
8. A guy who loves and respects his mother, will love and respect you.
9. Just because you can't sing, doesn't mean you shouldn't dance. Always find a way to enjoy the party.
10. Life is more important than work. Our jobs should only supply us with the funds to afford life. Family, friends and vacations are what life is all about.


1 Comments:
re: # 10 I like the quote "Life is not a measurement of Years of life, but rather by LIFE in years."
Post a Comment
<< Home