Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The Plastic Bag


This weekend I visited some of my friends out of town. Because I flew, I had to pack my carry-on liquids and gels in a plastic bag. I hate the airlines' new rule concerning this. And, as if the plastic bag weren't bad enough, one of the TSA employees had to inspect each item in the bag. After my purse cleared the x-ray machine, the delightful agent (she really was nice) kindly opened my purse and pulled out my plastic bag. It's so intrusive. I know they are doing what is deemed necessary to keep us safe from terrorists, but the plastic bag is a bit much to me. Maybe it's just me. It almost makes me wonder why they don't just ban liquids and gels period. I would probably support this, except I like to have my lipstick with me. :-)

1 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't fly to start with because no matter what you'll never make me believe having 33,000 pounds up in the air is a safer way than driving somewhere. But thats beside this topic, my wife flies back home to her mom's 3-4 times a year and I have to say maybe it's the airport we use (Nashville) but we've never ran into any problems with anything. But she also hasnt flown since the new plastic bag rule.

To Me flying isnt worth it anymore. By the time you have to be there (1-2 hours ahead of time) and the hour in line, the flight, the waiting at the gate, the luggage, I can almost beat by wife by car to Chicago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home