Thursday, July 31, 2008

So long my friend


This week I'm saying good-bye to a man who's not afraid to wear a skirt, ride a tricycle or sport a Hawaiian shirt during the winter. And he's done all this on TV! James Paul Dice has been a meteorologist with NewsChannel 19 for 11 years and now he is leaving. JP is going to Birmingham to be the chief meteorologist at WBRC Fox 6. JP is the source of jokes and sometimes a voice of reason behind our morning newscast. He's a great meteorologist, but I love him more for his off-air antics. You would not believe some of the things this man says. He has that weird sense of humor that will make you laugh uncontrollably. I'm not sure how many of you remember the show "In Living Color" that aired in the 1990's. JP can do a great Antoine Merriweather impersonation and an even better "self educated prison intellectual." It is painfully funny. I'll certainly miss JP but I wish him well in his future endeavors. So long my friend, so long.

1 Comments:

At 3:39 AM, Blogger Albert said...

For us loyal fans JP will be missed, it's too bad he didn't take the Weather 101 quizzes with him - Just kidding

 

Post a Comment

<< Home