Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Relay for Life and Much More

First, my apologies for not blogging in several days. It's been a busy month, although that's no excuse.

This past weekend I participated in the Relay for Life event. It was the first time I've ever walked to raise money for cancer research. The first story I ever reported on-air (years ago) was about children who had survived cancer. So, it's a cause that I certainly don't mind helping. Walking those laps (and I didn't count how many, but it was a lot) made me realize just how much I have to be thankful for. I don't personally know anyone who has battled or succumbed to cancer. I have friends whose relatives have cancer, but I am thankful that none of my family nor friends have battled the disease. Participating in Relay for Life was a worthwhile event that I found very rewarding.

2 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa

I would like to say thank you for walking because I'm a cancer survivor. I knew the very first time you came on air at WHNT it was a spirit(blessed) about you. My prayer is that God will bless you 100 plus folds for every lap, minute,second,and every breath that you put into it.Have very blessed week !!

DSH

P.S. Great people are born in May. ;-} [lol]

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger OUWxGirl said...

Yes I concur with the previous comment. I am not a cancer survivor but so many of my loved ones have had it of some form or another. Thanks for walking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home