In Person vs. On Camera and Nine Minutes
This weekend I had to give a speech for my sorority's Honors Day convocation. Essentially, we honor high school students for making good grades. I have to tell you, I was a bit nervous. There were at least 500 people there, maybe more. It's one thing to deliver the news in the studio, in front of a camera; it's totally different to be speaking before an audience, and I had to write the speech! I think it went well and I'm glad it's over. Whew!
The other day, Calvin, our director/floor director, and I were having a discussion about alarm clocks. Why is it that most snooze buttons are set for nine minutes? Nine minutes?! Calvin says that's just how long it takes him to go back to sleep! I told him that was the point, you're not supposed to go back to sleep, you're just supposed to SNOOZE! Still, nine minutes?!


5 Comments:
I never liked public speaking. The times I had to give weather briefing at OU were terrifying for me. I refuse to them here at UAH. I am even doing the non-thesis option for my masters because I just don't like talking in front of people.
It's also why I'm really uneasy about being an on camera meteorologist. I know that it's just the people on set and the camera, but the fact that there are thousands and thousands of people watching your every move on the other side of that camera makes me scared to death. Although I wouldn't mind being on TV if I had a storm behind me. LOL
/digression
Glad your talk went well.
Yeah why is it just 9 minutes? I get back to sleep in that time like Calvin said. But 9? Why not 10? I don't know. LOL
-April
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sorry, double post.
Lisa
I know how you feel about speaking in public but I'm sure you did GREAT.
DSH
Lisa
I didn't know you are the hula hoop champion of your apartment complex ? That's good to know. You have to write about that here on your blog. :-} lol Have a blessed week.
DSH
Post a Comment
<< Home