Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Show Don't Tell

When I was a little girl, my mother would sometimes tell me, "Lisa I can show you better than I can tell you!" She would say this when I didn't understand why she was telling me "no" when I asked for something, or if I didn't believe her when she told me I couldn't do something. I have always been a firm believer that actions speak louder than words and trust me, when Mommie said no she meant it! Her actions reflected it! A few of my co-workers and I were having a discussion the other day about washing cars. They didn't think I would or could wash my car myself. Yesterday, I did. And although it was quite the workout (I cancelled working out with Sherea because I was so tired) once I finished cleaning the last tire, I felt proud of myself for showing them! This morning my friend Sony stopped by the station to bring me breakfast. She called me all weekend and I have yet to return her call, but I know Sony is my friend. She doesn't just say it, she shows it. I appreciate when people's actions mirror their words.

2 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lisa

Thanks for sharing this word because I was just thinking and praying about being a friend but not just a friend but a true friend. God is dealing with me to talk with a group of young people about this. Thanks for sharing. True friends are hard to find. Hope to meet you soon.

DSH

 
At 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're too cute to wash a car by yourself! You mean to tell me you didn't have men offering to help?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home