Friday, March 03, 2006

Life and Death in the Same Day

On Wednesday, I reported about a 90-year-old woman who was celebrating her birthday. Jean Riddle is phenomenal to say the least! She still drives her car, bowls every Wednesday (she's in the Grandma League) and cuts her own grass- four acres with a self-propelled push mower! Incredible! I really enjoyed talking and laughing with her. That laugh took a turn downward when I returned to the station. I learned that an 18-year-old girl I'd interviewed just a few weeks ago had died. Ashley Morris had a rare form of cancer. I met Ashley when she and her family were heading to Hawaii. It was her wish to go to Hawaii for the Make-A-Wish foundation. I'm glad I had the opportunit y to meet Ashley and her family and to spend a few moments of celebration with Jean. There are a number of reasons why I love my job. Wednesday I learned that life can be really short or really long, that's why we need to savor every moment.

3 Comments:

At 5:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find most of your commentaries interesting.....but you have a habit of saying 'EXACTLY' several times in your conversations....it is driving me crazy......

 
At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa

Please don't allow this person to affect you in anyway. YOU ARE THE BEST !!

 
At 7:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa, you're the best! We can hear the passion in your work through your stories each morning! And your hair always looks great too! Keep the good work up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home